THE ROLE: DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & PARTNERSHIPS
The Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
The Impact: We organize networking summits and retreats for professional women in different sectors. Our thoughtful approach to corporate events connects and energizes executives and high potential leaders to succeed in their industry.
The Job: As Director of Business Development and Partnerships, you will play a leading role in identifying, prioritizing, communicating and executing new growth opportunities. You will be responsible for event sponsorships, retail partnerships and strategic partnerships with trade associations and non-profits. Because this is a new role on the Kayo Team, part of the job is to define the role and create a game-plan on how to execute it. You will work across our entire business, collaborating with senior leadership and event managers, to create and own our sales and business development strategy. Deepen relationships with existing clients, grow our sales pipeline and close on new business opportunities. You will combine your communication, listening, and negotiation skills to learn more about what our clients what, and to maintain authentic and intimate connections. Our clients include leading service providers to the finance and investment industry, such as law firms, accounting, insurance companies, consultants and asset managers. We also have partnerships with retail brands, non-profits, media groups and trade associations.
Compensation: Compensation includes a base salary plus a profit-share on events. Base salary will depend on years of experience, and your existing relationships and industry knowledge.
Cultural fit: Humble, hungry and smart. You are confident, curious and a true team player. You take complete ownership of your own responsibilities, and pro-actively look for opportunities to help others on the team. You are serious about your work and set your own standards for excellences. Details matter to you. You want in on the ground floor of something big and understand your direct contributions will have an immediate and material impact on our success. You are intellectually curious, open-minded and find joy in learning from others and helping others succeed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7-10+ years relevant work experience in sales, relationship management and/or business development
- Demonstrated sales success due to inquisitiveness, resilience and likability
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent listener and ability to empathize with others
- Team player with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Coachable, fast and self-motivated learner
- Prior knowledge of our industries is not necessary, however you must be willing and able to learn
- Identify, negotiate and close sponsorship and partnership opportunities
- Maintain CRM and sales pipeline
- Travel to meet with clients and prospective clients regularly, including participating in all Kayo summits
- Educate prospects on Kayo: who we are, our capabilities
- Manage all phases of the sales lifecycle across a variety of sales scenarios (new prospects, re-activations, growth within existing clients)
- Ensure that we deliver on our promises to clients
Start date: Flexible.
How to Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.