job openings at kayo
Business Development Associate-Law
The Business Development Associate will build and maintain relationships with law firms, one
of Kayo’s largest and most loyal client bases. The Business Development Associate will support
our Founder in maintaining and strengthening relationships with a group of 30 existing clients.
The Business Development Associate will grow our relationships with new law firms over time
by generating new leads and stewarding them through the Kayo sales journey. With a
combination of phone and video, travel to visit clients, representing Kayo at industry events,
and special gestures around events, the Business Development Associate will develop authentic
relationships with our clients and make them feel special. The Business Development Associate
will listen to clients seeking to understand their struggles and capture the value that Kayo can
provide. The Business Development Associate will share the gained market, client, and firm
intelligence with Programming and Operations to ensure that our law firm clients receive the
value promised at the end of every engagement.
Are you a thoughtful and intentional team player who enjoys cultivating and nurturing
relationships with clients over time? Do you naturally make your clients and colleagues feel
seen, heard, and that they are the most important part of your day? Do you pursue excellence
in everything you do and are hungry for the opportunity to work in a dynamic, growing
company that is centered around empowering women? If you are looking for an opportunity
that is unique and exciting, we want to talk to you!
Our Ideal Business Development Associate is:
Relationship-Driven: You have an inherent desire to delight others. You listen to clients and
colleagues with full attention, and you engage in professional and courteous email and verbal
communications. You strive to find solutions to client issues with the sensitivity and intention to
strengthen each relationship.
Curious: You have an interest in Finance or Alternative Investing, and you are driven to learn
more. You are fascinated by the companies and individuals that Kayo serves and how they
contribute to their industry ecosystem. You want to understand our customers’ needs and goals
and how Kayo can help each client to achieve them.
Tenacious: You are goal oriented. You can meet short-term objectives while maintaining focus
on long-term goals.
Proactive: You possess the ability to analyze problems, assign proper priorities, and determine
correct actions to take. You know when to seek help and you know how to prioritize activities,
actions, and resources effectively.
Concise: You have the natural ability to communicate in the most succinct, effective way
– Strengthen the relationships with our 30 core law firm clients with support of the
– Generate new relationships with law firms
– Research clients thoroughly, with the ability to discern how law firms operate,
distinguishing practice groups and industry groups
– Match clients with event sponsorship opportunities by studying both the client and our
– Execute existing sales process
– Identify new leads from individuals who engage with Kayo events, sponsor competition
events and are a part of the industries Kayo serves.
– Perform discovery with prospects to understand their how their company offering fits
into their market and how they can benefit from the Kayo community.
– Work with operations to determine appropriate Kayo sponsorship offering and present
to prospect with a proposal that meets their needs and highlights Kayo’s value
– Assist customers through the contracting process
– Follow up on outstanding proposals in a timely manner
– Support Finance in collection AR as necessary
– Provide Account Management to existing Sponsors
– Look for ways to further engage sponsors with the Kayo community and build lasting
relationships with them.
– Educate and sell existing sponsors on Kayo new opportunities
– Generate referrals to other professionals and firms who would benefit from the Kayo
– Represent Kayo at events
– Attend Kayo events and engage with Sponsors
– Ensure client receives value promised by Kayo Administrative
– Maintain appropriate sales pipeline to meet company goals
– Ensure that all sales information is entered into CRM and task-management tools in a
– Attend company meetings as required
– Other duties may be assigned as needed
– Experience working with law firms
– Proven ability to cultivate and maintain client relationships over long periods of time
– Strong Communication Skills
– Strong Organizational Skills
– Experience using CRM and/or ERP systems
– Must have an interest in Finance and Alternative Investing
– Will embody Kayo core values
– 3-5 years of experience in Sales Preferred
– Great track record of building opportunities, leads, and pipelines
– Bachelor’s Degree or above Desired
– 1-3 years of experience working with law firms
– 1-3 years of experience selling sponsorships
– 1-3 years of experience working in Alternative Investments
– Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Law, or Business Studies
– Experience in Events
– Experience with the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS®)
This is a hybrid position located in Charlottesville, Virginia. Candidates will need to live within a 50-mile radius of Charlottesville or relocate.
The Company-Kayo Conference Series
At Kayo, we believe that women should have a community that supports, elevates, and champions
them. That is why we create industry events where professional women can connect with leaders,
advance themselves, and champion other women. We want women to know that we are stronger when
we Trailblaze Together.
Founder Lindsay Burton previously held positions in Private Equity and banking in New York City, so she
knows what it is like to be the only woman in the room. Her goal was to create a place where women
could join forces in a male-dominated business world and advance themselves further and
Why Kayo Conference Series?
– Our work is fun-we get joy from our journey
– We are a company founded by women to support women
– You are encouraged and allowed to grow
– We make an impact on peoples’ lives
– We love challenges and learning along the way
– We celebrate your unique ability!
– We do not want any woman to walk alone on her path to success
Our Core Values
– Be a team player
– Win, learn but never lose
– Develop a growth mindset
– Get to, not have to
– Commit to radical transparency
– Make things happen, versus hoping and wishing
– Pursue excellence
– Put first things first
– Fanatical attention to detail
– Create transparent, repeatable processes
– ABC – Always be communicating
– Gives every client the best day/hour/minute of their day
– Engage in healthy conflict
– Solve conflicts using “Tactful Conflict Resolution”
– Respects the beliefs and choices of others, even when they disagree
– Avoids prejudice
– Searches for the common ground
– In disagreements, assume good intent
– Pardons follies
– Believes in freedom of expression
Salary Structure: Annualized Base Salary plus Commissions
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, paid Family Leave, and generous PTO
If you are looking to join a trailblazing company that is passionate about uniting women and
growing connections in the workplace, apply to Kayo Conference Series today!
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you an emotionally intelligent leader of leaders? Do you make intentional, strategic decisions that
are data-driven and reinforced by your extensive business experience? Do you pursue excellence in
everything you do and are hungry for the opportunity to drive growth for a company centered around
empowering women? If you are looking for an opportunity that is unique and exciting, we want to talk
Our ideal COO/Integrator is:
- Collaborative – You excel in making those around you better and can maximize the abilities of
your team by encouraging diverse thought and ideas. You value your team, and your priority is
challenging them to grow and excel in their roles.
- People Smart – You are emotionally mature and are great at reading people. You can have
difficult and uncomfortable conversations and get your message across in a kind and clever way.
You can navigate and translate different communication styles.
- Striving for Excellence – Mediocrity is not a part of your vocabulary. You take pride in having
you and your team be the best at what they do. You share the vision clearly and frequently. You
are intense and intentional in your pursuit of raising the bar.
- Adaptable – You excel in anticipating business trends and can pivot quickly. Being a flexible,
nimble leader is crucial to what you do. You can lead and inspire in good times and in bad.
- A Leader – You believe that for every business problem, leadership is the solution. You are
strong leader who motivates naturally. You provide constructive honesty while holding others
accountable. You are ethical, personable, and approachable.
Our ideal COO/Integrator will be the maestro of people, systems, and the big picture. You handle the
little things with ease, without getting lost in the day-to-day. You can pave the path for our company
and our people. You are a solution seeker, a challenger, a thought-provoking questioner. At Kayo
Conference Series, you will have the opportunity to curate a business that loves intelligent, creative
leaders, and champions women.
The job responsibilities of our COO/Integrator include, but are not limited to:
• Owns the leadership of all organization teams-Sales, Admin, Operations and Marketing
• Accountable for all organizational KPI’s and scorecards
• Oversees and executes all organizational events and projects
• Responsible for putting the “Right Person” in the “Right Seat” throughout the organization
• Streamlines all organizational processes and identifies gaps and issues
• Works “on” the business proactively, owning all long-term organizational planning
• Conducts all weekly L10 meetings and one-on-ones
• Has weekly prioritization meetings with Visionary, as well as end of week evaluations
• Acts as the “go to” person for Visionary and takes ownership of objectives and planning
• Quantifiable success in building and implementing systems in an organization
• Has had proven success in delivering positive P & L results
• Proven track record of short vs. long term strategic thinking
• Great track record of building and growing teams, as well as individuals
• Proven success in cross-departmental integration
• Owns the continued implementation of EOS® organizationally
• Must have strong project management skills
• Will model and embody Kayo core values
• 3 – 5 years of COO/Integrator experience
• 3 – 5 years of working with and developing C-suite executive teams
• 3 – 5 years of proven experience scaling and growing $2M to $10M organizations
• Experience in events facilitation
• Experience with the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS®)
This is a hybrid position (more office than hybrid) located in Charlottesville, Virginia. Candidates will need
to live within a commutable distance to Charlottesville or relocate.
THE COMPANY – KAYO CONFERENCE SERIES
At Kayo, we believe women should have a community that supports, elevates, and champions them.
That’s why we create industry events where professional women can connect with leaders, advance
themselves, and champion other women. We want women to know we’re stronger when we Trailblaze
Founder Lindsay Burton previously held positions in private equity and banking in New York City, so she
knows what it’s like to be the only woman in the room. Her goal was to create a place where women
could join forces in a male-dominated business world and advance themselves further and faster.
WHY KAYO CONFERENCE SERIES?
• Our work is fun-we get joy from our journey
• We are a company founded by women to support women
• You are encouraged and allowed to grow
• We make an impact on people’s lives
• We love challenges and learning along the way
• We offer the opportunity to work with a high-performance team
• We celebrate your unique ability!
• We do not want any woman to walk alone on her path to success
Our Core Values:
• Be a team player
• Win, learn but never lose
• Develop a growth mindset
• Get to, not have to
• Commit to radical transparency
• Make things happen, versus hoping and wishing
• Pursue excellence
• Put first things first
• Fanatical attention to detail
• Create transparent, repeatable processes
• ABC – Always be communicating
• Gives every client the best day/hour/minute of their day
• Engage in healthy conflict
• Solve conflicts using “Tactful Conflict Resolution”
• Respects the beliefs and choices of others, even when they disagree
• Avoids prejudice
• Searches for the common ground
• In disagreements, assume good intent
• Pardons follies
• Believes in freedom of expression
Salary Range: $125k-$140k plus potential merit-based bonus
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision Care, paid Family Leave, and generous PTO
If you are looking to join a trailblazing company that is passionate about uniting women and growing
connections in the workplace, apply to Kayo Conference Series today!
job postings now in the corner
New jobs provided by our community are shared each week in our digital community, The Corner. These posts come directly from the companies that provide them and Kayo has no direct affiliation to the jobs or the hiring process. If you’d like to explore opportunities or post a job, click here to join The Corner.