Over the course of four weeks, we will dive into the fundamentals of the private equity industry. What is the role of the fund? What are the key deal structures? What tax issues must be considered? This interactive webinar series consists of a facilitated presentation by private equity professionals each week, followed by open Q&A.
This is a four-part educational webinar series covering the fundamentals of the private equity industry
Each week, hear from 1-2 thought leaders from across the private equity landscape.
Open Q&A sessions allow for attendees to dive deeper and ask moderators questions.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Analyst and associate level private equity professionals
- Investment banking analysts and associates
- Junior members of professional services teams which serve private equity
- And all growth mindset, life-long learners as well!
WEEK 1: THE FUND AND THE PE DEAL
January 8 | 3-4 PM ET
- Role of the Fund
- Structure – from Fund to Opco
- The Fund in a deal: sell-side and buy-side strategies
- Performance and interplay with the structure of deal consideration (IRR & use of escrows; earn-outs; closing and funding certainty)
- The messy divorce; what happens when a deal blows up (LGs, RTFs, compelled performance)
- Protecting the investment once it has closed (R&W Insurance)
WEEK 2: FINANCING A PE DEAL
January 15 | 3-4 PM ET
- Deal Structuring (selecting financing sources, selecting financing structure (unitranche, secured, second lien, mezz))
- Private Lending/Private Credit and related market developments
- Syndication (key terms, key mechanics/process, market flex)
- Update on market terms, covenants, conditionality
WEEK 3: TAX ISSUES IN PE DEALS
January 22 | 3-4 PM ET
- Taxable v tax-free structures
- Structuring for asset basis step-up
- Financing structure tax issues
- Interest deductibility
WEEK 4: BUILDING BLOCKS OF MANAGEMENT EQUITY INCENTIVE PROGRAMS
January 29 | 3-4 PM ET
- Types of Programs
- Key Design Features
- Tax Considerations
- Program Implementation
Let's join forces. Let's trailblaze together.