Women’s Sustainable Investing Summit
ESG | Socially Responsible Investing | Impact Investing | Energy Transition
In the last decade, sustainable investing has gone from a niche investment idea to a mainstream category of alternative investing. Incredible visionaries drove this growth, many of whom happen to be women. This has inspired us here at the Kayo Conference Series, where our mission is to walk alongside women trailblazers on their path to success. Pioneers in sustainable investing are truly inspiring, often walking alone in brand new territory. Thus, at the 10-year anniversary program of the Kayo Conference Series, it’s an honor to present the 2nd Annual Kayo Women’s Sustainable Investing Summit (the “Sustainable Investing Summit”). Taking place alongside two of Kayo’s flagship conferences in private equity and real estate, the Sustainable Investing Summit will bring together a group of 150 leaders from across the sustainable investing ecosystem.
- When: June 12-14, 2023
- Where: Loews Miami Beach Hotel
- Who: 150 women leaders in sustainable investing
- What: 3-days of content, networking and exploration
Kayo distinguishes itself by creating intentional, curated experiences for women investors. Our team has designed a special Attendee Journey for this summit – a step-by-step path where attendees meet, learn, enjoy each other and grow themselves over three days.
Early Arrival Activities
Meeting people should be simple and easy, and it should happen early on. Early arrivers will have space and time to explore the Exhibit Hall, Connection Café and the Networking Lounge which all open at 9:00AM. Additionally, early arrivers can take part in structured networking activities, including:
- Knockout Networking: 90-minute structured networking activity where attendees begin authentic relationships over small-group roundtables.
- 1:1 Speed Networking: 60-minute structured networking where key groups like GPs & LPs can connect efficiently.
- Speaker Prep Workshop: Two-hour workshop for speakers to polish their speaking skills before gracing the stage.
Keynote, Tracks & Content
Breaking thought patterns, expanding perspectives and sharing wisdom from inspiring leaders are the goals of our program. Content kicks off at 1PM on June 12th and continues through 4PM on June 13th. Expect a highly curated agenda, with 35 incredible speakers creating conversations around ESG, impact investing, capital allocation, the energy transition and sustainable infrastructure.
- Keynote Speakers
- Olivia Wassenaar (Global Head of Sustainable Investing & Co-Head of Natural Resources, Apollo Global Management)
- Renee Grogan (Co-Founder & Chief Sustainability Officer, Impossible Metals)
- Sarah Samuels (Head of Investment Manager Research, NEPC)
- Fundamentals Track: Although terms like ESG, Socially Responsible Investing (SRI) and Impact Investing are often used interchangeably, they mean very different things. This Track explores and defines each of these approaches to sustainable investing. A sneak peek of the speakers include: Cody Nystrom (SJF Ventures), Priya Parrish (Impact Engine) and Julie Lein (Urban Innovation Fund).
- Sector Track: The sector spotlight focuses on the energy and infrastructure sectors. The Energy Transition is a complex endeavor, with regulatory, economic, geopolitical and scientific obstacles at every turn. A sneak peek of the speakers include: Erika Taugher Rietze (Pattern Energy), Sue Yang Krochmal (Antin Infrastructure) and Chrissy Benson (Orion Energy)
- Allocators Track: Raising capital for sustainable investing is critical. This track explores how institutional investors approach sustainable investing. As the industry matures, which allocators are interested in sustainability investing, and how do they evaluate managers? A sneak peek of the speakers include: Bhavika Vyas (Stepstone), Katherine Kroll (Brown Advisory) and Julia Fish (Glenmede Trust)
Laughter and shared experiences are two of the most effective ways to create relationships and longtime memories. Lighter moments invite attendees to take off their “work armor” and be their true authentic selves.
- Wind-Down Walk
- Oceanfront Yoga
- Miami nightlife
Plateaus, obstacles, burn-out – sometimes it’s a struggle to take the next step forward or upward. That’s why the last day of the conference has three professional development workshops. Take a moment to pause, question assumptions and map out the next step of your career.
- Navigating Mid-Level Leadership
- Emerging Leaders
- Board Readiness
Registration is open. This three-day event on June 12-14, 2023 at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel in South Beach, Florida is designed as an experiential conference where attendees step away from their day-to-day, gain perspective and focus on building their network. At the end of the program, women in sustainable investing will be uniquely prepared, stabilized by a supportive community, come what may.